The mission of KALA-FM is to provide a broadcast quality learning lab for St. Ambrose University’s communication students and to serve the Quad Cities community with diverse music, news, and information.
KALA-FM adheres to the St. Ambrose Univesity policies on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, which can be found here.
KALA-FM is governed by the St. Ambrose University Board of Trustees. A list of the current Board of Trustees can be found, here, on the St. Ambrose Univesity website.
FCC Public File:
Click here for KALA-FM’s public file.
KALA Local Content and Services Report:
KALA-FM Community Advisory Board
David Baker, Operations Manager, KALA-FM (Ex-Officio)
Dr. James Baumann, Chair, Department of Communication (Ex-Officio)
CAB Meeting Schedule
- January 9, 2020 – 6 p.m. – KALA conference room
- POSTPONED March 19, 2020 – 6 p.m. – The Buzz office, St. Ambrose University
- Due to precautions the university is taking in response to COVID-19, the meeting will be rescheduled to May 21, 2020 – 7 p.m. – The Buzz office, St. Ambrose University.
- UPDATE: We anticipate our May 21 meeting will need to take place virtually. Details on the updated format of the meeting will be available one (1) week prior to the scheduled date.
- May 21, 2020 – 6 p.m. – via WebEx
- Please note, due to COVID-19 this meeting is taking place virtually. If you wish to join the meeting, please email email@example.com for an invitation link. Public comments can be submitted ahead of the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This meeting will be recorded and will be made available upon written request to KALA-FM.
- October 13, 2020 – 5 p.m. – The Buzz office, St. Ambrose University
All meetings will take place in St. Ambrose University’s student newspaper’s office located in the lower level of Cosgrove Hall on the St. Ambrose University campus, 518 W. Locust Street, Davenport, IA, unless otherwise noted. Cosgrove Hall is located on the south of the campus. The public is welcome.